tirsdag 1. juni 2010

Starcraft 2 Beta, some experiences

Well finally I got a beta key, or rather a beta account from a friend. It's been ages since I first started playing SC1. Everyone where I lived used to play it, and even if they didn't - they would still do some games with the rest of us.

So, ages passed where I didn't play more than once a year at max, and I never got really good at SC1. It's all about trying and failing - and I am definitely not one who likes to fail. I am a really bad loser, so I started working on that in SC2. I'm a beginner, so I should be allowed to fail. In addition to a new attitude, the game will remove all history on me (and my fakenick) so I can go all in.

When I first started a game, I noticed how smooth everything was. It was like going from 10 to 60 FPS in Counter-Strike. Auto mining rules, no longer does the spread of workers make or break the start. The new units in the game open up for more strategies, as some do more damage to armoured, light, flying etc.

The ladder is currenty bugged, so I am doing 'placement matches' against people with different skill levels. Since most people aren't 'seasoned' yet, we all do many flawed builds, some more idiotic than others.

I'm definitely getting this game. It is really fun to play, and seems extremely balanced. All the expert builds have weaknesses that we need to exploit.

That's enough for now!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar